Skip to main content

Study in Canada

Canada has ranked as one of the top ten places to live in the world since 1994 according to the United Nations (UN) and the Economist Intelligence Unit. Canada has a first-rate education system with high standard as it spends more on education (as a percentage of GDP) and is the second highest among G-8 countries.

As traditionally a country of immigrants, Canada welcomes international students to study in its beautiful environment. Canada is a peaceful, safe and orderly country conducive for students to study. Canadians enjoy a standard of living among the highest in the world and a balanced lifestyle that is envied around the world.

The number of international students in Canada is growing and there are now close to 300,000 international students in the country.

Work while Studying

International students may be eligible to work in Canada while studying and after they graduate. As a study permit holder, International students may qualify to work on-campus or off-campus without an additional work permit if they meet specific criteria.

If their academic, professional or vocational training program includes an essential co-op or internship component, students must apply for a work permit. International students may also apply for a post-graduation work permit to continue working in Canada after they graduate from an eligible institution.

Education system in Canada

Like in most countries, education in Canada is generally divided into primary education, secondary education and post-secondary.

Elementary, secondary and post-secondary education is a provincial responsibility and there are many variations between the provinces. Education is compulsory up to the age of 16 in every province in Canada, except for Ontario and New Brunswick, where the compulsory age is 18.

Post-secondary education system in Canada is divided into:

  • Certificate level, generally for a year
  • Diploma level, for one or two years
  • Advanced Diploma, generally two or three-year programs
  • Bachelor degrees, awarded after four years of full-time study 
  • Post-graduate Diplomas/Certificates, for one or two years of study
  • Master’s degrees for one to two years
  • Doctorate or PhD

How ACN can help you study in Canada

If you are thinking of studying in Canada, ACN provides the following services:

  • Provide free career advice and study counselling
  • Assistance in enrolling with Designated Learning Institutions
  • Assistance in Study Permit documentation
  • Referral to a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) if you need immigration advice 


Register now for Free Counselling Session

Why choose ACN Southern Immigration Services?

Let’s achieve your migration goals together!

ACN can help you with migration, education and travel abroad. It is our commitment to give you the best service with very affordable costs

ACN can help you with migration, education and travel abroad. It is our commitment to give you the best service with very affordable costs

Our well-trained consultants can give you the information you need throughout your application. We are willing to go an extra mile to assist you in choosing the right choice that suits your profile

With a reputable licensed migration agent and experienced consultants, we assure you a thorough involvement with your application process and policies you need to follow