International students in Canada can now work more hours per week
WORK WHILE YOU STUDY!
From 15 November 2022 until 31 December 2023, international students who secure an off-campus work authorisation on their study permit do not have to adhere to the 20 hours a week rule.
This is a temporary solution implemented to aid with Canada's labor crisis, notably in positions traditionally held by students, such as those in the food service industry, retail, and hospitality.
You are permitted to work in Canada while you are enrolled in an educational program if you meet the following criteria.
You are permitted to work in Canada while you are enrolled in an educational program if you meet the following criteria:
- You have a current study permit;
- You are enrolled full-time at a designated learning institution;
- You have begun your studies and continue to maintain a satisfactory academic standing as determined by your institution;
- You are enrolled in an educational, vocational, or professional training program that is at least six months in length and leads to a degree, diploma, or certificate; and
- You have (SIN) Social Insurance Number